Who doesn’t love fruit breads? Apple, blueberry, mixed berry, banana etc., all yummy! Today, we made banana bread, and since it was bright and sunny outside (for the most part), it was a perfect day to use the Sun Oven.
Below is our favorite fruit bread recipe. Today, I tried the recipe with sugar alternatives. I did use all purpose flour, so this batch is not a low carb friendly bread. Maybe I will try it with alternative flours next time.
- 6 med. Bananas (overripe is best)
- 1/2 cup - Avocado Oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp. - Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup - Almond Milk (Freshly Made - see recipe post)
- 1 cup - Brown Sugar (I used Swerve Brown Sugar Alternative)
- 1 1/2 cups - Sugar (I used 3/4 cup Swerve Granular and 3/4 cup Monk Fruit/Erythritol Mix)
- 3 1/2 cups - All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. - Salt (I used Celtic Sea Salt)
- 2 1/2 tsp. - Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cups - Chopped Walnuts (optional: did not use nuts in this batch)
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Blend well with a hand or stand mixer.
- Add sweeteners and mix well.
- Sift in flour, salt and baking soda. I use a fine mesh strainer for this.
- Blend all ingredients with a mixer.
- Spray bread pans. I use silicone baking pans and spray in avocado oil.
- Divide batter between the sprayed pans.
- Place in a preheated sun oven, align the oven with the sun for even cooking, or align ahead of the sun to cook all day.
- Check and wipe condensation off inner window, realign with sun, if needed.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, or until you no longer have a shadow showing. The bread will not burn in a Sun Oven. Today it was approx. 2 hours.
- Bring in and allow to rest for a few minutes
- Remove the loaves from the baking pans and allow to rest for 15-30 minutes before cutting ... unless you just can't wait 🙂
- Look! The design from the pan show well on the loaf 🙂
- Slice and serve. I love it with butter!
I did taste this batch as it was the first time I used the alternative sweeteners in the sun oven. The bread was delicious! I prefer it with nuts though. But as I am a low carber and only did a small taste test, the rest of the loaves are for the family to enjoy, and they prefer banana bread without nuts. (are they crazy?!)
I have spoken about my love for the All American Sun Oven. While I am not an AASO affiliate for the company and paid full price for mine, I am providing an Amazon link for you to get one for yourself.
Steph’s Neck of the Woods is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, an affiliate advertising program to connect potential customers directly to a company of interest. As an affiliate, Steph’s Neck of the Woods may receive a commission for any recommended products purchased by our readers. You can purchase by clicking on the links provided. Choosing to purchase helps support this site but does not increase the cost of what you purchase.v